Style

5 Tips For Transitioning Your Closet To Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

1. Re-organize your closet

Have bulky sweaters in the front? It’s time to take them out and put them in the back of your wardrobe. I know right, spring cleaning already? But didn’t 2018 just start? Yes, it is time to rearrange what is in the front and what is not. The majority of the time, we tend to grab the first thing that we see and since it is springtime, the thick mid-January sweaters must go. Try putting the lighter weight clothing in the front in addition to the lighter colors like cream, white and pastels in the front to encourage your eyes attention towards the classic spring trends.

2.  Layer

Being from Michigan, I know spring weather can vary a lot. One day it is pouring rain and freezing and then the next day you are melting in utter sunshine. Trust me, I have been through it all. Once, all types of spring weather happened to me in the same week! The way I have learned to deal with Mother Nature’s inconsistency is layering. An easy way to do this is wearing a simple tee paired with a jacket and scarf then you will be able to brace the early morning chill but not melt by the afternoon!

3. Ditch the dark colors

If you are like me, your winter closet is overflowing with black items. Black goes with everything, right? Unfortunately, it is time to put the daily black outfits to rest. I am not saying you cannot wear black in spring, just try to minimize it. Or possibly incorporate a basic black t-shirt with a lighter washed jean!

4. Light weight scarves

Since I go to college in Boston, winter scarves are a must for me. My roommate would agree, as she never goes without one. But the thick, neck saving winter scarves must be stored until next year. Instead, try a lightweight scarf or a neck tie to accessorize your outfit!

5. Wear sunglasses

With the sun finally coming out an easy way to tie all of your outfits together is wearing sunglasses. Sunglasses are a great way to accessorize anything while projecting your eyes at the same time!

With these 5 simple tips on how to transition your wardrobe to spring, you will be ready in no time!