Greenhouse1
Greenhouse1
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Who We Are and Where We’re Going

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

In the cozy embrace of earthy tones and heart-shaped jewelry, I find not just solace, but a glimmer of hope, lighting up the path towards the person I aspire to be. With each comforting sip of chai latte, I’m reminded of the golden hours ahead, where soft curls sway in the sunlight, framing a face adorned with “Clean girl” makeup, a canvas for the confident glow of self-assurance.

As a curious seeker of knowledge, I delve into the realms of science and literature, eagerly navigating the labyrinth of my interests with the heart of a dreamer yearning for more. My passions, as diverse as the subjects I study, paint the vibrant canvas of my college life, each stroke adding depth to the masterpiece of my journey. Amidst the complexity of academia, I cherish the simplicity of skin scents and dainty gold earrings, finding comfort in the elegance of authenticity.

In my wardrobe, I revel in the freedom to express my true self, effortlessly transitioning between masculine and feminine styles, each ensemble a celebration of my evolving identity. From gym streaks to red manicures, I embrace the spectrum of my desires, unapologetically adorning myself in fashion that mirrors my confidence and inner strength.

Amidst the whirlwind of assignments and extracurricular activities, I seek sanctuary in the nurturing embrace of potted plants, each leaf a symbol of growth and renewal, anchoring me to the present moment. With kitten heels and mini skirts, I stride across campus with grace and purpose, embracing the journey of self-discovery with open arms.

I am a curator of moments, capturing memories with oversized sweaters and the wisdom bestowed upon me by wiser souls, each encounter a stepping stone towards the person I aspire to become. In my pursuit of meaning, I find joy in serving my community, in spreading love and kindness, and in cherishing the beauty of the college experience.

In a world that often rushes by in a blur of deadlines and exams, I choose to savor the moments, to embrace the journey, and to adorn my college life with pieces that reflect my values and aspirations. With each passing semester, I grow closer to the person I long to be, a beacon of hope and inspiration, illuminated by the light of my own radiant spirit.

Cami Flores

Augustana '25

I am such a simple person. everyday I wake up, think "no thanks" and then go right back to sleep.