This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.
  1. Have a cozy or spooky Halloween movie marathon with your roomies, bake Halloween cookies, and make some hot chocolate!

2. While the weather is still nice, grab some blankets, pack some food, and have a picnic by the river at one of the local parks!

3. Grab a warm drink from Cool Beans or the Brew and walk around campus to look at the trees– don’t forget to walk along the slough!

4. Paint or carve pumpkins with your friends.

5. Keep a gratitude list, or make a new one each day. With the days getting shorter, seasonal depression is something that many of us struggle with in the colder months and a gratitude list is a great way to remind yourself of all the things in your life you have to be thankful for!

6. Try perfecting your at-home pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin cold brew with different creams and syrups (Marshall’s and T.J. Maxx have lots of fall flavored syrups to try)!

7. Visit a thrift store or antique store to find some cute fall decor that you can revamp to match your style!

8. Clean out your closet or go through your clothes and donate some. As it gets colder, more people will be in need of sweaters, hats, scarves, jackets, gloves, etc., and donating is the perfect way to do a little good in the community! You’ll feel good about yourself and will be helping people in need, and your closest will be more organized! An all around win! 

9. And most importantly, take care of yourself and others! Wear your mask, wash your hands, don’t touch your face, and try to stay outside as much as possible!

Hi everyone! I'm Annalise and I am a junior at Augustana! I am majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders and minoring in Psychology! I hope to become an SLP and work with geriatrics or in a hospital when I'm done with school. When I'm not studying you can find making coffee at the Brew by the Slough, reading, or spending time outside. I love hiking and fishing, but also love checking out the latest beauty trends. Follow me on insta @ annalise_connolly!!
Olivia Tonietto

Augustana '21

Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Augustana College, studying Communication Sciences and Disorders. Olivia writes for Her Campus with the hope to add to this amazing culture in a unique way by spreading positivity and a different perspective on this beautiful world we live in!