Top Five Shows To Watch When You’re Having A Difficult Day

Even with the holidays right around the corner, the beginning of December can bring on a lot of stress, anxiety, and, in some instances, seasonal depression. Or, perhaps, the reason for so much stress, anxiety, and seasonal depression is, in fact, the holiday season. Either way, bad days are more frequent in cold weather, so when you feel the need to spend some time away from everyone in a comfy space of your own, here are five shows to help lift your spirits and, perhaps, give you a sense of calm and coziness this winter season.

5. Parks and Recreation

I might be a bit biased in listing this one over The Office, but I’ve always found Parks and Recreation to be the best straight-up comedy to watch when I’m having a bad day. Aside from good humor, writing, and quirky characters, Parks and Recreation is also a show about optimism in the face of negativity and making the best out of really difficult situations. It’s a show that makes me feel hopeful, even if it feels as though everything is falling apart. Plus; it encourages self-love and care, and who can say no to a show like that?

4. Gilmore Girls

While not without its share of drama, Gilmore Girls remains one of the most relaxing, feel-good shows ever created. For every Gilmore Girls fan, there’s something comforting and familiar about coming back to Stars Hollow time and time again. If you haven't given it a watch, pour yourself a cup of coffee and give it a go!

3. Spongebob Squarepants

While it seems a bit childish, going back and watching cartoons can be a really great way to focus on something both positive and engaging rather than continuously worrying or focusing on negativity. While any cartoon is good to watch, the classic Spongebob Squarepants we all grew up with will always be a personal favorite. If nothing else, it brings back good-old childhood nostalgia, and what's so bad about that?

2. The Great British Bake-Off

So; if you haven’t seen this show yet, do yourself a favor and start watching it. Not only is it a cute and remarkably charming reality show about a baking competition, but everything from the music to the setting to the overall tone suggests nothing but fair and friendly competition and good times. It’s not really a show to be described as much as one to be experienced. So get on it; trust me when I say it makes you feel so much better about everything.

1. Painting With Bob Ross  

There is nothing more relaxing than Bob Ross. From happy mountains to happy trees, Bob Ross demonstrates patience, creativity, and inner-serenity. Even if the world is getting you down, Bob Ross reminds you to try and see the beautiful things that are still there.