This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

Winter is more or less here, and with a new season comes a new set of makeup. The focal point of winter makeup looks is definitely darker lipstick shades. Here are six lipsticks that are perfect for this time of year!

1. Too Faced Melted Matte in Drop Dead Red

This Too Faced matte lip color is perfect for this time of year. It is a gorgeous dark red color that matches the season. It is long wear, but still comfortable, so you can enjoy all the hot chocolate without having to bother with reapplication.

2. Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored

Fenty Beauty’s most recent release is the Stunna Lip Paint. Rihanna’s beauty line is all about shade diversity and inclusivity, boasting a 40-shade foundation range and now, a red lipstick that has been marketed as the “perfect universal red.” Every beauty lover needs a red lipstick in their collection, and Fenty Beauty’s “one red for all” is the perfect pick!

3. Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Venom

The name of the shade may be deadly, but this lipstick is the perfect color if you don’t want something too dark. The wearable plum shade is gorgeous and will definitely give you winter beauty vibes. 

4. MAC Matte Lipstick in Antique Velvet

Brown lipstick is definitely a statement perfect for this time of the year. A warm, rich brown color like this one will be the perfect finish to all of your winter-time outfits!

5. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft Spoken

This NYX lipstick is a great, inexpensive nude color for this time of the year. It’s a little darker than typical, more pink nudes, but is not as dark as a true brown lipstick. It is the perfect shade for a quick, everyday makeup look in the winter.

6. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Damned

This lipstick is probably the epitome of fall and winter makeup vibes. The deep cherry color compliments this time of year because it is dark and warm but still very wearable. The Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks have great staying power, and this color is perfect for a night out in winter!

Winter may not always be fun, but buying and trying new lipsticks will definitely make us feel better!

Ila Mostafa is currently a Neuroscience major and Biology minor at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. She enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her family. She is usually either starting a new story without finishing an older one or studying. Ila hopes to go to graduate school and eventually do research on Parkinson's Disease.
Augustana Contributor