This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

I love fall. It is my absolute favorite season. The leaves change color and the air gets more crisp with the scent of cider. I can’t contain my enthusiasm when I see the weather for tomorrow is sixty degrees! As I walk across campus in my black flare leggings and oversized crewneck, pumpkin spice in hand, I probably look like every stereotype you have ever seen. But, I love indulging in the common culture of autumn! 

Everyone seems to be falling in love, holding hands, exchanging warm hellos and happy gestures. I would recommend going to a pumpkin patch, apple orchard, or even a haunted house! My sorority sisters and I went to a pumpkin patch last week and had an amazing time. We all dressed in our best fall outfits, packed up the car, and set off for the local patch. 

We took so many pictures around the patch, trying to get as many cool shots as we could. We also got to pet a variety of animals, like geese, cows, goats, and donkeys. There was also a chance to pick flowers and make a wildflower bouquet to decorate our rooms with. I personally bought three pumpkins, which may seem overboard, but they look great in my room. 

Make sure to add some festive fun to your fall plans, along with indulging in the other joys of the season such as; jumping in the leaves, baking something sweet, or even volunteering for a good cause! Don’t worry about being seen as basic; just have fun doing what you want, whether it’s by yourself, with friends, or a partner! I love being able to have fun with friends and surround myself with fall favorites!

Bryn Hansmeier

Augustana '25

I am a junior at Augustana College! I am a double major in management and marketing, as well as a double minor in communication studies and philosophy. I am on the pre-law track. I am a co-correspondent in HerCampus!