This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

As the semester comes to an end and finals week progresses, I can’t help but look back on everything that has happened here at Augustana. It seems like we have been going head to head with an academic load, on top of extracurricular activities, on top of work and internships. Just thinking about all of that makes me exhausted. But, I know I am not the only one. As I walk around campus, I can see it in every one of my peers. 

The students of Augustana are simply tired. When I spoke with my friends, they revealed to me that several nights a week, they only get zero to four hours of sleep. That’s insane! Not to mention, incredibly unhealthy, and how the Augie Plague begins. For those of you who don’t know, the Augie plague is simply a cold. But once one person gets sick… it spreads like a wildfire. 

Regardless of the sleepless nights and non-stop colds, the students have managed to stay dedicated to their school in more ways than one. Throughout the semester, students have participated in academics, sports, clubs, greek life, and more. So, let’s recap everything that happened this term. 

At the beginning, all of greek life rushed to life as Homecoming Week was quickly approaching. As the freshmen learned their way around campus and enjoyed their very first Welcome Week, the upperclassmen recruited at the activities fair to get people interested in their clubs. 

It didn’t take long for students to find their place and meld into a group. 

At the end of Homecoming Week, all of greek life got to participate in the SING and YELL competitions. Those are the memories that are going to last a lifetime. The Phi Rho’s celebrated their 100th year with their alumni, and finally the rigorous day to day schedule slowed down.

Along with a multitude of sports games to watch, comedians, singers, other events the OSL put on, and shows like 35MM and She Kills Monsters, the students of Augustana College have been busy. As midterms quickly approached, the semester dragged on and events like Mr. Augustana began. Football season turned into basketball season and just like that- it’s finals week. 

While at times it seemed like this semester lasted forever, it also seems like it went by very quickly. With Christmas just around the corner, I think we are all ready for this long overdue break.

A little background about who I am: I am an Augustana College graduate and currently pursuing my masters at the Missouri School of Journalism. My passions include writing, baking, and scrapbooking! If I'm not selling insurance or in class, you can find me in a hammock with reading, writing or meditating. About my goals: I believe that everyone has a voice and I would like to do what I can to help amplify those positive messages. One day, I hope to host my own TV show like Ellen or Oprah! As always, Stay Tuned & Happy Reading!
Joselyn Pena

Augustana '20

Augustana 2020