This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

Gua sha is a deeply soothing therapy that involves massaging using upward strokes, to stimulate collagen production. Gua sha helps to improve lymphatic drainage. By using a gua sha every day, there are five immediate benefits to this method:

1. Clears out toxins in your skin, such as breakouts. 

2. Reduce acne scars.

3. Firms skin.

4. Improving facial contour: no more double chin!

5. Relaxing activity to relieve tensions.

How to Use the Gua Sha:

A Gua Sha is best used with facial oil or water, so there is no tugging of the skin.

To Overall Improve Facial Contour: 

1. Start at the chin, and glide the Gua Sha along the jawline, up to the ear.

2. Move the tool up to your cheekbone, and glide up to the hairline.

3. Repeat these motions five times to achieve great results!

To Get Rid of Double Chin:

1. Gently glide the tool down from your chin to your neck, increasing the circulation, and depuffing.

2. Repeat this five times.

To Depuff the Nose: 

1. Gently glide the tool down the bridge of your nose.

2. Bring the tool down along the side of the nose to the cheek.

3. Repeat these motions five times.

Madi Crawford

Augustana '22

My name is Madi Crawford, I am a junior at Augustana College. I am a Communication, Sciences, and Disorders major. For my future, I hope to become a Speech-Language Pathologist, to work with children with disabilities. My overall goal in life, is to constantly bring joy into others. I am passionate about helping others, and the idea of being able to be known as a dependable person. I hope to be able to be a light to many people through my writing. Some of my hobbies include, being around friends, family, exercising, and listening to music.
Olivia Tonietto

Augustana '21

Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Augustana College, studying Communication Sciences and Disorders. Olivia writes for Her Campus with the hope to add to this amazing culture in a unique way by spreading positivity and a different perspective on this beautiful world we live in!