This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

Finals week is upon us, my Augie Doggies. In other words, the 2016-2017 school year approaches its end. Some of you are about to complete your first year of college, and others their last. Either way, we can all relate to how it feels to move out for the summer. Whether you’re stuck studying for exams or in the middle of the packing process, consider these stages of moving out:

1. Procrastination

This stage speaks for itself. Instead of organizing your stuff together, you just leave it as it is. You just put off packing until another day. It’s too much work.

2. Irritation

Okay, so you started packing but you didn’t realize how tedious it would be. No matter how much you get done, it seems like it’ll never end. From clothes or random junk you accumulated throughout the year, you can’t seem to find space for anything.

3. Exhaustion

Trust me, packing months’ worth of personal belongings tires you out.

4. Grief

College is cool because you get to see your friends whenever you want. It doesn’t occur to you that you gotta leave them hundreds of miles behind. It pains you to think you’ll be apart from people you love for a few months. Honestly, it’s scary to think about.

5. Optimism

As you ride home, you reminisce about the past year: the awesome people you met, the fun times, cool places in the QC, etc. You know that you’ll make even greater memories next school year. Good times lie ahead.

I hope finals week is treating you well and that you enjoyed your year. Until next time, see ya!

Augustana Contributor