This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

The beginning of spring term, in my opinion, marks the last days of dreary seasonal depression. Our classes and routines have been reset, summer vacation is only ten weeks away, and with pledging and end-of-the-year celebrations, there’s a lot to be excited about. Still, spring term is always busy, and sometimes it can be hard to stay positive with 8:30 classes and meetings and the overlapping of every school activity. As a music person, I have always found it helpful to find good music to get me through the rough days and weeks ahead, so I compiled a list of twenty songs to keep spirits up and feet tapping throughout the term.

The Perfect Songs To Start Your Day:

Play them as your alarm, or play them when getting ready. No matter what, these songs are perfect to ease you into the waking world.

1. “Morning” (Francis and the Lights)

2. “I Will” [Michael Bernard Fitzgerald]

3. “The Mates of Soul” (Remastered) [Taylor John Williams]

4. “You’ve Been On My Mind” [John Heart Jackie]

5. “Mechanical Heart” [Jon D]

Songs to Jam To While Walking To Class:

From your 8:30s to your late-afternoon lectures, these songs are the best pick-me-ups in between classes and meetings.

6. “(I Got) The One That Got Away (Back Again)” [Lauren Marcus]

7. “Unbreakable Smile” [Tori Kelly]

8. “Best Thing” [Kari Kimmel]

9. “Better Together” [Praytell]

10. “Morning In America” [Jon Bellion]

For Setting That Lazy Sunday Mood:

The perfect tunes for the weekend, as the soundtrack to your study sessions or mood music for lounging about.

11. “Sour Candy” [Melt]

12. “Rich Man” [Hearts & Colors]

13. “Sofia…” [Leland Blue]

14. “She Was Mine” [Jesse Barrera feat. AJ Rafael]

15. “I’m Me” [Us The Duo]

Your New Car Ride Jams:

A mix of energetic pop, bass-driven indie rock, and everything in between. Here are some new songs that are perfect to listen to in your car, whether driving to class or going out for a late-night drive-thru run.

16. “Never Give Up On Me” [Misterwives]    

17. “7 Lives” [Last Import]

18. “Bills” [LunchMoney Lewis]

19. “I Love You More Than You Think” [Rizzle Kicks]

20. “What Happened To Us?” [Shura]

Katie Kleve is a sophomore at Augustana College studying English-Writing and Theater Arts. She has a fondness for birds, musicals, and media production, and spends her free time hanging out in the Theater and watching Gilmore Girls.
Augustana Contributor