ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

10 Great Christmas Gifts for the Makeup-Lover in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

It’s almost Christmas, and the gift-buying stress has begun. There’s still plenty of time until Christmas, but I always suggest starting shopping early to avoid the lines, the stress, and the danger of not getting the perfect gift for the perfect person. This time of year is possibly the best time for your makeup-obsessed friends and family members! Here are some of the best gifts for the makeup-lovers in your life!

Huda Beauty New Nude Palette, $65

Huda Kattan’s new palette is a full of great nude and mauve tones. It’s great for everyday looks and is definitely worth the price tag. It even comes with a concealer that can be used as an eye primer. The eyeshadows look great on all skin tones and the glitters and shimmers are to die for! 

Tatcha Bestsellers Set, $60

Tatcha is an extremely expensive skincare brand, and this set gives you all of their greatest products for much cheaper! Tatcha skincare works for all skin types, and is a great way to hydrate and cleanse skin. The skin mist and the moisturizer work really well and are including in this great set!

Fenty Beauty Eye and Lip Pencils, $39

Rihanna and Fenty Beauty never disappoints. These pencils are multi-purpose. They can be used on the eyes as eyeshadow or liner or as lip crayons! They come in gorgeous, frosty, metallic colors that are perfect for that persona that likes to experiment with makeup!

Sephora Favorites Glow For It Set, $28

This set is a bunch of great highlighters that Sephora staff picked out! Included in the set are highlighters from Benefit, Fenty Beauty, and Cover FX! This set is perfect for that person in your life that loves to glow! These highlighters are great for all skin tones, and the fact that there are so many makes it a great deal!

Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio, $21

K-beauty has become more and more popular recently, and new K-beauty brand, Kaja, has come to Sephora! Kaja have created sets of shimmery eyeshadows in various shades of pink. These small eyeshadow sets are great for the friend that travels a lot, but also enjoys shimmery shadows.

Too Faced Sugar Peach Wet and Dry Face and Eye Palette, $42

This palette is another great present for the person on the go. The powders in it can be used as blushes, highlighters, or eyeshadows! Too Faced always has great, creamy powders that look absolutely gorgeous. This palette is definitely an amazing Christmas gift! 

Natasha Denona Mini Star Eyeshadow Palette, $25

Natasha Denona eyeshadow palettes are ridiculously expensive, but the mini palettes are at a much better price point. They are smaller, but they are great for travel and quick eye looks. They come in a variety of color combinations that will be complementary for everyone on your list!

Tarte Pineapple of My Eye Collector’s Set, $59

This is the ultimate gift for your makeup-loving friend or family member. This set comes with a full eyeshadow palette, a bronzer, two blushes, and a highlighter! This has everything you could possibly need to complete a full face of makeup, and it’s totally worth the price tag!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette, $42

This is the perfect palette for the friend that loves warm and berry tones. The Anastasia palettes have amazing pigmentation, and the eyeshadows blend really well. The Modern Renaissance palette is a cult classic and is a must-have for every makeup-lover’s collection.

Farsali Jelly Beam Illuminator, $40

These highlighters are so fun! They have a jelly consistency, and they are blinding! Farsali’s cream highlighter is long-lasting and looks great on all skin tones. Though they are a bit more expensive, they make a really exciting gift! 

I hope this list helps you out when you’re shopping for that makeup-lover in your life! Holiday sets, palettes, and popular items are always a big hit among everyone, and they will make for the best gifts!

Ila Mostafa is currently a Neuroscience major and Biology minor at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. She enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her family. She is usually either starting a new story without finishing an older one or studying. Ila hopes to go to graduate school and eventually do research on Parkinson's Disease.
Augustana Contributor