This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

There’s nothing more relaxing than curling up with a good book. However, between classes, Netflix, and drink specials it can be difficult to find the time to actually read. Don’t toss your Kindle just yet, though. Beach and pool weather is just around the corner! Here are 5 books to read to pass the time while you work on your tan and alcohol tolerance:

1. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper

I just finished this book in less than one day. It was that good. Tropper tells the story of a middle-aged man who discovers his wife is cheating on him right before he travels home to sit Shiva for his recently deceased father. It sounds super depressing, but it’s anything but. Plus, it’s being made into a movie with Jason Bateman and Tina Fey, a.k.a. the most perfect celebrities in existence.         

1. One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak

This book is written by the guy that played Ryan (the intern) on “The Office”. Novak claims his writing is inspired by his TV boss Steve Carell, so his short stories are sure to be a hit with fans of comedy.

1. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

Speaking of “The Office” alums, Mindy Kaling’s autobiography is hilariously relatable. Kaling describes growing from an awkward kid to an awkward adult, and everything in between. I know this book is a couple years old but if you haven’t read it, you’re missing out.

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Here’s another one to read before it hits the big screen. The plot of this novel revolves around two teenagers living with cancer, though, so be prepared with the Kleenex.

1. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter

What better book to read on vacation than one set in Rome? The story follows a love affair that starts in 1960s Italy and ends in present-day Hollywood. 

Happy relaxing, collegiettes!

Rep Image

Image 1

Image 2 

Image 3

Image 4