What to Wear, and Where, in Auburn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

From dinner parties to band parties, there is always something new to do and somewhere to go. College is full of fun new experiences that are irreplaceable. But when choosing an outfit for the night, the best options for clothing are items that ARE replaceable. My freshman year, I had a great time picking out a new outfit to wear the nights we went out. But I did learn the hard way that clothes can easily get ruined while out on the town, so be careful what you decide to sport while out.

1) Girls Night Out

Black Sheer top Turquoise Pant Clutch Sage Cuff Teardrop Earrings Gucci Gold Stiletto

This type of outfit is perfect for a night out with your best girlfriends. Whether it’s dinner and drinks, a night at the club or bar, or just a cocktail party at your house, this look is fun and cute. The Turquoise Pant is a statement piece that really makes the outfit pop. This sparkly clutch goes great with the pant as well. The black shear top is really in style right now. Just slip a bandeau underneath it and your all set. I topped this outfit off with some gold metallic jewelry for more of a sleek look. 

2) Dinner Date Night

Pink Shear Dress Gold Clutch Metallic Pump Gold Hoop Mixed Bangles Pastel Ring

This look is perfect for a dinner date with that special someone. The dress is a perfect mix of shear and varying lengths- long in the back and short in the front. I paired the dress with some metallic pumps to dress up the outfit. I think this ensemble should be kept simple with hoop earrings, bangles, and a small sparkle clutch to add a little spice.

3) Band Party

Hot Pink Tank Triple Chain Necklace J Brand Short Black Satchel Volcom Sandal

When going to a band party, choose your outfit wisely. Remember that there is a good chance for beer to get spilled on you, so wear accessories and clothes that are easily replaceable – party appropriate pieces that will not break the bank. This three tiered necklace gives another pop of color, as well as the hot pink tank. When going out, it is a good idea to have a cross body bag – it is safe and hands free.

4) Casual Night Out

Aztec Tank Lime Short Turquoise Clutch Black Sandal

Sleeveless Top Coral Short Statement Clutch Leather Brown Sandal

Casual wear is a great way to go for a short night filled with pitchers and trivia. I love pairing a casual, simple blouse with a colorful short. These clutches add to the outfit by combining even more colors of the rainbow. For shoes, if flats are not your thing, or you’d prefer additonal height, go for a comfortable wedge. They will last longer throughout the night than stilettos. Add some jewelry and you’re ready for a casual night out on the town.

Summer is a currently a senior student at Auburn University. As a journalism major she actively enjoys writing and is the co-founder and current Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus branch at Auburn, as well as a writer for the Greek newspaper The Odyssey. In addition, Summer is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta, PRSSA and the Society of Professional Journalists. Summer loves fashion and enjoys blogging about her personal style.