What’s Better for Campus: Sandals or Boots?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

As young women living in the south, the first things that come to mind when looking for what shoes to wear to class are sandals. The weather seems to be going back and forth between warm and cool, so it’s hard to choose what to wear.

Sandals may seem better for the hot days, but are they? They’re cute, but not all are as comfortable as others. Some of them pinch your feet, some are too hard to walk on, and some are just hard to walk in. Also, the wind can get heavy at times on those nice days, and I for one get cold.

I think a better alternative are boots. They are cute as well, but most (not some) are comfortable. Wearing Uggs kind of gives you an excuse to wear more comfortable clothes that layer. They keep you warm when the wind hits and the nights get late.

I think the best for the warm days are sneakers because they’re great for both cool and warm weather. Depending on what type of pants you wear helps you with the weather. On those warm days, you can roll your pant legs up or even wear shorts. On the colder days, you can just wear jeans or leggings or pants.

It’s hard to dress for the weather when it goes back and forth, which is why I feel sneakers are the best. They’re right in the middle, not too hot and not too cool. Also, you never know if it’s going to rain, and you would want to be caught in sandals in the rain. Boots are good for the rain, but boots like Uggs aren’t.

It’s a hit or miss when it comes to boots and sandals. From personal experience, when the weather gets like this I’m either too hot with boots or cold with sandals.