samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

#tooblessedtobestressed: How to Prepare for Finals Over Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Now it’s time for our collective sigh of relief–Thanksgiving Break has finally arrived! Seriously, I’ve found myself wondering how I ever made it from August to November without a break in my previous 3 years as an Auburn collegiette. Consider yourselves incredibly lucky, freshmen.

Despite the warmth and happiness that having a week of from classes brings, there is still a big black cloud looming in the distance. The hell that is finals week is just around the corner, and though it seems tempting to use break as a divorce from all things school, it really is the perfect time to get ahead for the week of December 8th.  Studying is the last thing on your mind going into the holidays, but the relaxing atmosphere is the right one for getting small things accomplished in preparation for exams!

1. Multitask while TV Bingeing

Nothing says ‘holidays’ like lying on the sofa in your pajamas and catching up on your favorite shows.  While sitting around and staring at Jack Falahee on How To Get Away With Murder may seem like a completely productive use of time (I mean, it is so easy to get lost in his eyes), multitasking can make your life so much easier during finals week. Use your time in front of the television to complete small tasks like making flashcards and organizing your notes.

2. Use it as an Excuse

You’ve likely been missing your family like crazy but after being away on your own being around them can drive you crazy. Use finals week as an excuse to get a little ‘me’ time. Take an hour to review your notes, read a chapter or two in your textbook, or revise your final paper. Your brain gets a break from the family-overload, and you get a head start in your classes.

3. Use Your Resources

Struggling with your World Lit paper? Well lucky for you, your cousin is a recently graduated high school English teacher. Still haven’t a clue what your Calc professor who barely speaks English is talking about? Dad’s always been your math tutor. Thanksgiving is a time of families coming together and chances are someone in your circle knows something about your classes. Reach out and get help from them—you’re already comfortable with them and they’re free! A fresh set of eyes is always useful.

4. Make a Schedule

It seems like a silly thought but something as simple as mapping out your assignments and everything you need to accomplish before and during finals week is incredibly helpful. Having everything written out allows you to know at a glance which classes need the most attention and where you can slack a little. Plus, it will prevent you from breaking down during exams—you’ll already know when you can take time to relax and de-stress. Bonus points if it’s color-coded to your classes!

It can be seriously tempting to blow off any thought of Haley Center and RBD while home for Thanksgiving break, but it really is the best time to be semi-productive. You really don’t want to be that person who has a meltdown, do you?

No, you don’t!

Even you can’t make us procrastinate that hard, Jack Falahee.

Rep ImageGif 1Gif 2Gif 3Gif 4Gif 5Gif 6