The Student Section as told by Lizzie McGuire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

You haven’t really experienced college until you’ve endured gameday SEC-style. Being present on gameday in a stadium filled with thousands of strangers with one common interest is one thing, but the true right of passage as an SEC fan is experiencing the student section. You’re not a real fan until you’ve entered the holy grail of the college world that is the student section of a sporting event. You’re like Charlie winning the golden ticket but it’s a million times better because this ticket is your pass into the unpredictable, wild and crazy world that is college football. The best way to depict this experience is through the one and only, Lizzie McGuire.

It’s safe to say that up to this point you haven’t really been living because you haven’t experienced all of the benefits that come with sitting in the student section of an SEC football game

The build up to game day is crazy and you’re full of so many emotions that you just don’t know what to do with yourself

You prepare in every way possible, starting with what you’ll wear because lets face it, looking good and repping your team on game day is a top priority. But, alas, it’s a struggle because there are just too many options and at the same time, not enough. 

Once you’re finally primped and proper its time to make a game plan and that includes a kickass tailgate with fun people and great music 

You then head for the stadium and wait in line for what feel like eons under the blistering sun. You might befriend the people in front of you out of the mutual struggle

The gates open and all is merry and bright! The field is in view and it’s the most beautiful sight you’ve ever laid your eyes on

Of course getting good seats comes with the price of waiting for a very long period of time until kickoff and usually by then any kind of alcohol buzz has been diminished by the heat. You experience extreme dehydration and end up buying lots and lots of overpriced water 

But then the game starts and everyone’s happy and this is the greatest day of your life and you had no idea what you were missing out on until this point

Rep Image

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Image 8

Image 9