photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Now that classes and football have started (War Eagle!), it can be hard to balance life and school –especially when all you can think about is toilet paper falling from the trees like it’s Christmas in the fall.

For some ladies, it’s their first time in college, yet for others, we’ve been doing this for a minute, but still need some “oomph” to get us back into the swing of things. Here are a few helpful tips to get us back in the groove!

The first week or two of classes beginning are never that bad. It’s syllabus week. For the first few weeks everything is easy and understandable but GIRL, once you put it all together, you’re completely lost. That’s where we get messed up. If you go to the library for a couple of hours 3 or 4 days a week, and rewrite your notes, you can stay on top of the school thing. I promise, Sky will be there when you finish!

After a whole weekend of fun, Sunday’s are recovery days, but should also be preparation days! Take the afternoon to write out what’s to come for the week. Finding out you have a test on Wednesday when it’s Tuesday, is the worst!

When you prepare for your week, knock out those short canvas quizzes (you know it’s all on Quizlet anyways!), rewrite your note from Friday, and complete those lab assignments. This helps to eliminate those small, yet important things during the week. This leaves only studying to do during the week!

Of course it’s easier said than done, so be sure to have yummy incentives while you study. Light eating keeps you awake and in a good mood.

Take breaks! Don’t stress studying. I like to use the 50:10 rule. If you study for 50 minutes, you break for 10. If you mess up during your 50, you have to start the timer over again.

If you set study goals, you can achieve more. Make a list. Lists are motivating because as you cross things off, you see progress! Setting goals and making lists keep you organized. When you have a million and one things to do, your mind is stressed and you don’t know where to start. This ensures that you stay on top of everything that’s important.

Lastly, SLEEP! Girl, get yo rest… If not for you, for your body. Feed and fuel the brain. There’s nothing important than that (I know, but these grades though…). If you study at a decent time and manage your time better, you can be finished with the library no later than 9 or 10. The best feeling is when you’re ready for the next day and the night is still young.

Then its time to Netflix and Chill. Party for 2. (Me and my Bed)!

I am a student at Auburn University double majoring in Biomedical Sciences, with a focus in pre-pharmacy and French. I am from Marietta, Georgia and for hobbies I enjoy baking, shopping, and writing!