Six Things To Love About February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

February is often neglected as just a “holiday month”. Between Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day, and President’s Day, the shortest month of the year is usually written off. Just think about it—have you ever heard someone say February is his or her favorite month? In honor of the first full week of February, here are some things to love about the next 28 days!

The Shortest Month of the Year

Now I know I just said that February is ignored because it’s a short month but honestly it’s something to see as a positive! It means we’re that much closer to spring break, and for those seniors it means our college careers really are nearing to a close!

It’s Full of Surprises

Seriously, sometimes it’s 29 days and sometimes it’s only 28. Every four years we get that little surprise from the least beloved month based on love.

The Seasonal Transition

February is when we can make an educated guess on the state of the season. Regardless of what the groundhog says, the weather in February can tell you whether it’s time to pack up the sweaters or head to the store to buy some more layers. Either winter is bracing itself before attacking the plains full-force, or the cold is fading fast and ready to bring the beauty of spring back to Auburn.

Spring Fashion Showdown

Finally, after months of staring at chunky sweaters and outerwear, we get to see some bright colors and patterns! Spring fashions are hitting the stores all throughout February. What’s not to love about refreshing your wardrobe with some seriously adorable new swag?

Grown-Up Valentine’s Day

This doesn’t mean dates with your SO or binge-drinking bottles of wine at your apartment by yourself. Valentine’s Day now means you don’t have to waste money on little cards and candy for everyone in your class, and it doesn’t have to be a holiday just about romantic love. Single? Don’t stress. Show your love for your friends by having a nice dinner, going downtown, or even relaxing at home with a good movie. Plus, the half-priced candy on the 15th is never a bad thing. 

50 Shades of February

Speaking of good movies, the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey is released on Valentine’s Day! Not saying that this movie will be good (because, let’s face it: the writing was mediocre at best and the film is only rated R), but it’s definitely a bright spot in the month. C’mon, have you seen Jamie Dornan? Staring at that beautiful face is enough to brighten anyone’s month, single or taken.

What are you looking forward to in February? Let us know in the comments below! 

Rep ImageImage 1Image 2Image 3Image 4