This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

As college students, we are all pretty much broke. We rarely get to shop, and when we get a chance to go, we can never really find clothes as cheap as we need them to be. Even Plato’s can be a bit expensive.

I think the perfect place to go to is the thrift store. Think about it: every trend repeates itself, so you could find the original and unique versions of pieces of clothing. It’s also cheap, as I said above, and they sell everything, so you don’t have to only shop there for clothes.

Thrift store sell things from clothes to furniture, so while you’re trying on clothes, you can also find some decorations for your apartment. I have a friend who found quality decorations that usually cost at least $20 marked down to $5. You can’t find that anywhere else, unless it’s on clearance.

The clothes and different trends are endless. I’ve found some of the best grandpa sweaters, button down shirts and purses, and I know for a fact things in today’s stores won’t come close to the originality in these clothes.

Not only do the styles and fabrics of the clothing have originality, but you can usually only find one of each product meaning no one will look like you. You’ll have a unique wardrobe that many will imitate but never completely duplicate.

A constant thrifter, Tracy Awino, couldn’t have put it any better by saying thrifting is the new black. “I’m especially glad that thrift shopping has become so cool, and I know there were people who discovered the secrets of thrifting benefits a long time so, but at least now there isn’t that social stigma attached to thrifting,” said Awino.

She also said that you often find original pieces that were made with quality material, because at the time they were made, they weren’t in such mainstream demand at the time. And she’s right—I know people who have found classy pants suits for much less than what they would have paid for it.

Here are some thrift store outfits:

And if I haven’t convinced you to spend your money at the thrift store, I suggest you check it out for yourself and see how many things you come out with and how much you paid for it.