This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Fourteen southeastern schools, one night to worship. SEC Without Walls is a new organization where 14 schools around the southeast gathered together at a central location on campus and all worshiped together, all of them beginning at the same time.

Being a completely new concept, there was quite the turn out of people. And for anyone who missed it, each school live streamed the event on its coordinator’s Facebook page. Participants of multiple campus ministries and churches in the area came together to make this event possible. Marketing for SEC Without Walls was not widespread or partnered with any specific church or religious group. This allowed the event to be completely independent of any one organization, so people who attended were just genuinely interested.

Activities like these remind us that we are not alone. That not only Auburn, but all of the SEC can break down the barriers, differences and rivalries aside and come together for one night. 

Animal Science major with a passion for writing. Crazy cat lover, avid diet coke drinker and a shopping addict.