This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

If you have been living under a ROCK these past few days, let me catch up on the latest drama in the Hip Hop/Rap world.

A few month ago, a fight broke out between Nicki Minaj and Cardi B, two big hip hop stars, at a New York Fashion Week Party. The aftermath was Nicki Minaj claiming that Cardi B’s “Love and Hip Hop” co-star Rah Ali had attacked Cardi, punching her “nine or 10 times” in the head. Minaj also offered $100,000 for security footage of the incident. Cardi previously said the perpetrator was one of Minaj’s security team.

Nicki Minaj and Cardi B have exchanged barbed words on multiple occasions over social media, and their rivalry flaring up once more this month after Minaj addressed the New York incident on her Beats 1 show, Queen Radio. Over 10 Instagram videos, Cardi responded to the new claims calling Nicki Minaj a liar who has no receipts to back up her claims or else she would have already.

Cardi went on to make various claims about Minaj, including that the pop group Little Mix asked her to appear on the track “Woman Like Me” before Minaj took the job. She also alleged that Minaj had been responsible for leaking various private phone numbers to the public.

THEN, Minaj responded over a series of Tweets, saying she would pay to have Cardi take a lie detector test over every claim made, because she was a fraud… *GASP*

But not even TWO days after all venomous messages, the pair ended the evening on a surprisingly upbeat note, with Minaj posting: “Let’s focus on positive things only from here on out. We’re all so blessed. I know this stuff is entertaining and funny to a lot of people but I won’t be discussing this nonsense anymore. Thank you for the support and encouragement year after year. Love you.”

Cardi responded by posting a screenshot of the message to Instagram with the caption: “Alright then! Let’s keep it positive and keep it pushing!”

Hopefully all of their beef has been resolved, because us QUEENS have to stick together!!

Taylor is a Junior studying journalism with a Spanish minor at Auburn University, and after graduation plans to attend law school to pursue a career in fim focusing on legal affairs. In addition, Taylor is also a member of the Kappa Upsilon chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. When she isn't doing school work, she enjoys binge watching Grey's Anatomy, working out, and shopping. Some of her favorite things include traveling, going to concerts, and going out with her line sisters.
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.