This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

There’s only three thing I love more than anything: sleep, food, and makeup. I’ve tested so many different products to see what works best for me. My list of go-to’s changes super often, which can get pricey. So, I’m going to help you save some pennies and share my current favs with you (with some drugstore alternatives). Here’s what I’m currently using:

1. Primer

One step you can NEVER skip, is primer. This can affect how well your makeup stays in place. Plus, it creates a perfect base for your foundation to lay on top of. My favorite is The POREfessional by Benefit ($32). 

Alternative: Masterprime by Maybelline ($9.99)

2. Eyebrows

The next step in my routine is brows. You can use either a pencil or pomade. I prefer to use a pomade and the one I love right now is the Dip Brow by Anastasia ($18).

Alternative: Lock on Liner and Brow Cream by e.l.f Cosmetics ($4)

3. Eyeshadow

I don’t always do eyeshadow, but when I do, I love doing a natural, glam look. The palette that is giving me life right now is the Classic Palette by KKW Beauty ($45).

Alternative: The Nudes by Maybelline ($11.99)

4. Foundation

In my opinion, if you want a flawless looking face, you have to go name brand. I’ve tested plenty and the one that I absolutely love is the Born This Way by Too Faced ($39).

Alternative: Fit Me Matte and Poreless by Maybelline ($7.99)

5. Concealer

This is a step I tend to skip on a regular day but whenever I’m looking tired, I love to pop some brightening concealer under my eyes. The concealer I’ve been using (which is super creamy and doesn’t crease) is the Shape Tape by Tarte ($27).

Alternative: Fit Me Concealer by Maybelline ($6.49)

6. Powder

I prefer to use a loose translucent powder. I’m OBSESSED with the Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier ($38).

Alternative: Loose Face Powder by Airspun ($5.69) *I haven’t seen this product in a drugstore but you can get it on Amazon for the low*

7. Bronzer

What I currently love to bring the life (and tan) back into my face, is Bronzing Powder by MAC ($28).

Alternative: Matte Bronzer by NYX ($6.30 – $9)

8. Setting Spray

One of the most important steps is setting spray. I love Prep + Prime Fix+ by MAC ($26).

Alternative: Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray by NYX ($8.50)

9. Lips

To finish off your whole look, you need to make your lips pop. I typically don’t do bold lips. I prefer to use a gloss. My favorite is Damn Gina Gloss by Kylie Cosmetics ($15).

Alternative: Butter Gloss by NYX ($3.50 – $5)

Sierra is a sophomore majoring in Biomedical Science with a concentration in Pre-Physical Therapy. She wants to go to chiropractic school after she is done with undergrad. She's very focused on her studies, but when she has some free time, she loves to binge watch Netflix shows, hangout with friends, and go to school sporting events to cheer on her favorite team. War Eagle!
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.