Moving on from Syllabus Week

We all love syllabus week, with its short classes, no homework and the ability to go out every night of the week without falling behind. But now that the first week is over and we are back from a month-long break, how are you supposed to get back into the flow of classes and survive an alcohol detox?

Get Organized!

The best way to get back in the swing of things is to actually know what that entails. Spend an hour or so filling out dates in your Lilly planner, labeling all of your new notebooks and planning your days and use of time between classes. This will shock you back to reality once you realize that the weeks of cocktails at two are over and it is time to get back to school.

Make Plans

Now that you and all of your friends have your schedules, pick a night during the week that you all are free to hang out. Whether it is grabbing dinner, wine and movie night or just heading to your favorite study spot to chat while you work, having something fun to look forward to before the weekend can make week a little more bearable.

Reality Check

Going to college clearly includes taking classes, but don’t forget that this is your last chance to be free. Spending hours a day in the library and stressing over every single homework assignment will drive you crazy if you don’t take some time off and have fun! Now I’m not saying it’s a good idea to skip all of your classes and become a permanent resident at Sky Bar, but keep in mind that college is supposed to be the best time of your life–but it’s up to you to make the best of it!