This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.
Coffee is a staple for us hard working collegiettes (especially during finals!) and Auburn has more than just the options offered on campus. We all know how crazy crowded the line at Starbucks can get, and no one wants to wait a long time for their pick-me-up. When you find that you need to try something new and are feeling adventurous, try these places around town to get your caffeine fix:

Toomers Coffee
Family owned and very proud of their infrared roasting method, this coffee shop located on South College Street has good reviews and good intentions. Their direct trade coffee is available wholesale, can be purchased online, and much of their profit goes to charity. They have a lot of interesting imports from all over the world that you can buy as whole beans or already ground to take home, or you can sit down and have a cup brewed there. They are open 6:30 AM – 6 PM so Toomers might not be the right choice if you’re planning on a late night, though they do have good breakfast options. Also know that they do not have free wifi. It’s availabe to customers only and they like to emphasize that they prefer to keep wifi sessions at two hour intervals.

Mama Mocha’s Coffee Roastery
This friendly coffee shop maintains a very unique and loyal crowd of followers, and for good reasons. The calming atmosphere is one of the best parts of coming here as you can guarantee good music in the background and plenty of good vibes (check out our photo blog if you want to see more). They have taken good advantage of their brand, selling shirts and expanding from their location on South Gay Street to opening up shop behind The Hound in downtown Auburn. The
employees are very friendly and know all the regulars. The coffee is good and the prices are fair. I like that they have “indulgences” and seasonal flavors but keep their menus simple enough not to intimidate customers. They are open 7 AM – 7 PM most nights, closing at 5 PM on Tuesdays
and stays closed on Sundays. They have free wifi upon request.

Bizilia’s Cafe
Located on North College Street, Bizilia’s is the place to go if you want a little more than coffee. They have a full menu of salads, sandwiches, and desserts. This cafe is good for groups, opens at 7 AM, stays open until 9 PM Monday through Saturday, and until 4 PM on Sunday. Reviews are somewhat mixed but not necessarily bad, as some people swear by the place’s food. Bizilia’s doesn’t really draw the coffee connoisseur but for those of us that just need the pick-me-up it will
do the trick.

Sarah is currently a junior at Auburn University majoring in Graphic Design. She is in love with container gardening, music festivals, sunshine, and record stores. Some of her talents include getting hooked on tv shows with too many episodes and practicing amazing self control when it comes to online shopping. Her future aspirations include moving back to her hometown of Atlanta after graduating to pursue a career as a designer. Find her on instagram @saranspluey