This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

College is hard. Life is hard. Adulting is hard. But at the end of the day, we only get one shot at this thing called life, so make sure you live a good one. In the middle of the semester when you are running low on fuel and too much caffeine, remember that it is a privilege and a blessing to get to go to such an amazing university. Remember that tomorrow is a new day and that your GPA doesn’t define you. Remember that you are doing big things whether you’re going to be a rocket scientist or a pre-school teacher.

Take time to admire the things around you. Driving past Toomer’s Corner everyday may seem mundane but actually look at it; admire our oak trees and Samford because one day it will be time to move on to the next chapter and leave this beautiful home behind.

Life is too short to say “no.” Next time your friends ask you to take a spontaneous shopping trip to Atlanta, say yes, even if you have a midterm the next day. Next time someone asks you to go on a study abroad trip to Spain, say yes, even if it scares the living daylights out of you to travel that far away.

Go on all the adventures you can because time is running out. Your 20’s are the best days of your life! We are on the brink of “still act like children” and “full on adulthood,” so take advantage of your youth while you can. And at the end of the day, remember that life is grand no matter what. 

Animal Science major with a passion for writing. Crazy cat lover, avid diet coke drinker and a shopping addict.