Let’s Talk About Neon, Y’all!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Remember being a little kid and going to the grocery store with your mother, sporting armfuls of neon plastic bangles ranging from every color of the rainbow, so proud to flash your extravagant style for all the world (or people of Publix) to see? Well, you’ll be happy to know those days are back and neon is strutting down the catwalk from designers like Jason Wu, Peter Som, and Rodarte! It’s all about neon this season, and the only rule is to BE BOLD. For you, being bold might mean stepping out in a highlighter yellow mini-dress, or just simply slipping on a hot pink bangle – what matters is that you find your comfort zone. No matter what, your personality will be out for all (or maybe just Publix) to admire! Find neon looks such as these at Forever 21, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Nike, and more!

Neon Apparel:

Forever 21 – $17.80

J Crew – $98

J Crew – $89.50

Forever 21 – $2.80

Shoes and Accessories:

Forever 21 – $16.80

Charlotte Russe – $35.50

J Crew – $150

Banana Republic $45

J Crew – $28

Junior Creative Writing Major at Auburn University
Summer is a currently a senior student at Auburn University. As a journalism major she actively enjoys writing and is the co-founder and current Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus branch at Auburn, as well as a writer for the Greek newspaper The Odyssey. In addition, Summer is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta, PRSSA and the Society of Professional Journalists. Summer loves fashion and enjoys blogging about her personal style.