Holiday Season in The City: Things to Do During the Holidays in NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

As soon as Thanksgiving comes to and end, cue the Christmas music—immediately. It’s finally the most wonderful time of the year. Santa is currently en route from the North Pole and heading to the local shopping malls. Downtown, shops are filled with toys and sparkly gifts. At night, the town glows as endless Christmas lights and decorations light up the streets. There’s no better way to get into the holiday cheer than taking a trip to New York City during the holiday season. If you plan on visiting the big apple this holiday season, here are a few places to visit and things to do to make your holiday magical and your trip a winter wonderland.

1. Go ice skating at Rockefeller Center

2. ​See the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

3. Look at the 5th Avenue window displays 

4. Watch the Rockettes preform 

5. Attend a Broadway show

6. SHOP, SHOP, SHOP!

Demetra Zuras is a Public Relations major at Auburn University with an interest in Journalism and Fashion Merchandising. Her future goals consist of moving to the big apple and working for Cosmopolitan. She's a chocoholic, shopping addict and football fanatic. WAR EAGLE!