This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Tis’ the season for shimmer, blue tones and a lot of gloss! Makeup is a fun way to jazz up any outfit, especially in the winter when your go to look is an oversized sweater, beanie and leggings. Here are a few holiday makeup looks that will make the walk outside in this cold weather worth it.

Glossy Eyes

A new trend that is perfect for any everyday makeup look is glossy eyes! It gives your shadow a nice, dewy look. You can use a clear lip gloss, or if you don’t want the sticky residue, Milk has a great eye vinyl you can purchase on their online store, Urban Outfitters or Sephora.

Natural Brows

A perfect look in this cold weather is a natural boy brow! Simply use brow gel and brush up the inner brows to give it a bushy but clean, thick look!

Green or White Eyeliner

Green or white eyeliner can give your eyes a sassy Grinch or adorable Frosty look, and it will bring out your eye color and size. Whether you want to do it under the eye or on top, you will definitely be “icy-hot.”

Blue Mascara

Blue mascara is very bold but worth it when all your friends compliment you. Simplify and complete this look with a clear gloss!

White Highlight

Give your face a bit of frost with a lot of shimmer! The perfect crisp pearl highlight will give you that winter look that will help you find your way to the mistletoe.

Red Lips

Basic but classic; every girl can rock the perfect red lip! The best red lipsticks of the season are Fenty Beauty “Stunna Lip Paint” and Kylie Jenner’s “Mary Jo K” Lipkit.

Love for music, fashion, lavender, and Winston Bishop
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.