HC Auburn’s Tips for Spring Break and What Not to Forget’s!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

You’re cruising to the beach and have already stocked up on sunscreen, aloe vera, cute towels and bikinis and squeezed in an extra class at the student act. What could you be forgetting?

You’re heading to the slopes and have already picked up goggles, gloves, snow pants and a furry hat. What more could I need?

Whether you’re soaking up sun or skiing; jetting to NYC, Europe or NOLA; or just heading home to spend some quality time with your family, there are a few things that might make your trip easier!

1.    If you take any medicines consider picking up a days-of-the-week pillbox and pre-filling it prior to your trip. This will help you to avoid forgetting important medicines in last minute packing! They can be purchased at pharmacies or grocery stores.

2.     If you wear contacts bring an extra month’s pair with you. If anything happens to your contacts while away you won’t be stuck wearing glasses for the rest of your trip!

3.     Cash! Make sure you have extra cash with you in case of emergency and especially if you need to take a taxi home!

4.     Chargers and first aid kit! Make sure you have a checklist for every charger you may need handy for day of departure! Nothing is worse than realizing you’ve forgotten a camera charger once you check into the hotel or condo you are staying at. A first aid kit might seem unnecessary, but put together a few Band-Aids in case of blisters from the cute heels you’re bringing, some Tylenol or Advil and a thermometer just in case you get sick while away!

5.     Share hair tools! Coordinate with any other girls on your trip to plan who will bring a hairdryer, straightener, curling iron, etc. This will help all of you to pack a little lighter, because who are we kidding, it’s spring break and we NEED five pairs of cute wedges/heels for each night!

Most of all, have fun and be safe and we’ll see you all after spring break!

Photo credits:

Packing photo

Hair tools photo

Apple charger photo

Summer is a currently a senior student at Auburn University. As a journalism major she actively enjoys writing and is the co-founder and current Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus branch at Auburn, as well as a writer for the Greek newspaper The Odyssey. In addition, Summer is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta, PRSSA and the Society of Professional Journalists. Summer loves fashion and enjoys blogging about her personal style.