The Greatest Showman is Coming to Broadway and We are All in the Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Ranked as one of the greatest movies of all time, The Greatest Showman captured the hearts of its viewers from the day it was released. This movie grossed $165,456,962 in box office sales as of March 2018. We can all admit that we have watched this movie multiple times on repeat with absolutely no shame.

The movie takes place in New York City between 1850-1860 and focuses on a man named P.T. Barnum who overcomes obstacles to follow a life-long dream. P.T. Barnum goes on to build the empire known as Barnum & Bailey Circus that becomes a huge attraction.

The Greatest Showman has an addictive soundtrack that is best played when driving with your friends or family. The songs are uplifting and encourage self-confidence and following your dreams. It also emphasizes how important your relationship with your family and friends are and how those relationships will never change, even when you mess up.

Zendaya absolutely amazes us with her trapeze skills (and yes, she actually performed all of them without the help of a stunt double). And how could we ever forget Zac Efron’s performance as Phillip Carlyle. These two begin a relationship but we won’t spoil it for you, you will have to watch and see for yourself.

A release date for the Broadway performance has not yet been released but keep an eye out for it. Since this movie is essentially a musical we can only imagine how well it will do, especially since the movie was such a hit. As the title of the movie reveals, it would definitely be the greatest show!

Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.