Glee Star Lea Michele is Back with ‘Places’ Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

If you have already binge-watched all of Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, and Gossip Girl, and you are in desperate need for hours of watching troubled teenagers sing famous pop songs, it is your time for Glee. Lucky for you, all six seasons are available to stream for mindless hours on Netflix. In 2009 when the first season of Glee went on air, the show was an immediate hit with its perfect execution of laugh-out-loud banter and highlights of controversial issues.  And, whether you chose to surrender your life to the show in 2009 or on Netflix in 2017, or not, you are probably familiar with the stand-out character of Rachel Berry played by the talented Lea Michele.

Episode after episode, Lea Michele belts out incredibly difficult songs while conveying a vulnerability that could make any viewer cry. Lea’s powerhouse voice and unique look quickly made her a role model for aspiring performers around the world. Basically, she slays.

During the sixth season of Glee, Lea’s first album was released, Louder. Of course, it’s fabulous and the perfect home-alone shower playlist. Now, three years later, Lea’s second album is on the way.  Lea Michele has already released two singles from the album, Love is Alive and Anything’s Possible. If the entire album is as good as these two, it is about to be on constant replay. While Anything’s Possible is more pop than you would expect from Lea, it is girl-power to the core and will make you want to go on a run, or conquer the world or, I don’t know, do whatever you want—anything’s possible. Love is Alive really showcase’s Lea’s Celine Dion-type genre that will make you sob and wish you had a single talented bone in your body.

Basically, Lea Michele has been #goals since 2009. She has our hearts and, in 2013, when her long-term boyfriend and co-star Cory Monteith past away, our hearts broke with her. Since, Lea Michele has not only been working on this album, but empowering women to be healthy and love themselves. If you haven’t stalked her on Instagram lately, I highly recommend it. Again, slaying. The entire Places album will be released on April 28th, 2017. If you really put your mind to it, you could finish Glee and jam to her entire first album by then.