Get the Look: NYFW’s Hottest Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

On September 6th, it all began. Anyone who’s anybody in the fashion industry was there. Yes, I’m talking about New York Fashion Week. In debut of their Spring 2013 collections, 130 designers and fashion houses trekked in from all across the country to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, hosted in New York City’s Bryant Park. Tory Burch, Michael Kors, J.Crew and Tibi were just a few of the many talented designers featured throughout the week. Although there were many upcoming trends showcased, there are about a handful I just can’t wait until spring for. So brace yourself, because these hot trends you just can’t pass up.

1. Glitzy Accessories

Everywhere you look, rhinestones and embellishments are taking over the catwalk. One way to spice up your own look is through jewelry. I’m obsessing over this Crystal Bow Cuff from J.Crew. It’s got the perfect amount of bling that exudes youthful glamour.

2. Canary Yellow

One of the predominant colors that graced the runway everywhere during NYFW was mustard. With just a hint of yellow, an outfit can go from vanilla to banana split with a cherry on top! These suede pumps from Madewell are sure to take any outfit from drab to fab in the blink of an eye.

3. Baroque

Stars and commoners alike can’t get enough of this hot tapestry trend. Completely ornate and over-the-top, I just can’t help but to love this Renaissance-esque comeback. Celebrities such as Selena Gomez, Selita E Banks and Paula Patton have fallen for baroque, and so have I. You can snag the Jacquard Skater dress from TopShop here.

4. Peplum

The figure-flattering peplum style is back and here to stay. Paired with skinny jeans and heels, a peplum top is sure to turn heads. Although the peplum trend is showing up in stores everywhere, one basic you can’t go wrong with is the TopShop Peplum Tank.

5. Coated Denim

These textured beauties are not your run-of-the-mill skinnies. Coated in a faux-leather finish, Rich & Skinny’s Legacy Skinny Jeans are anything but ordinary. I especially love the oxblood color, which is totally on point for fall. You can snag yourself a pair here.

6. Animal Print

Really, has cheetah ever really been out of style? Not in my book. For those days that you’re feeling a little bit wild, ditch the plain-Jane purse and opt for the Tory Burch Priscilla Haircalf Clutch. Crafted from Italian leather and animal-print haircalf, this clutch is a staple that every fashionista needs.

7. Color-block

Let’s just go ahead and admit it, it’s everywhere. So what makes one color-block top different than the next? It’s all about the details. And who knows details better than J.Crew? The Collection Colorblock Tank is embellished with thousands of shimmery rectangle sequins. Just throw this tank over a button-down chambray and people will swear you just walked out of the J.Crew Style Guide!

I'm twenty years old and a student at Auburn University. I love fashion, family, food, and all things fabulous!