toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Reasons I’m Falling for October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

October has just begun. The leaves are falling and there’s a cool, crisp feel in the air. This is one of my favorite months and it’s for more than one reason (football is one of the more obvious reasons). October is the perfect transition month where we leave the sweltering, hot days of summer and enter into the freezing days of winter. Below are five reasons October should be loved by us all.

1. It’s sweater weather, ladies

Of course, we have to take into account that Alabama has bipolar weather where it will be sixty degrees one day and eighty degrees the next, but for the most part, days in October will be chilly. That means it is time to get out your softest, coziest sweaters. Don’t forget about the flannels as well!

2. Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins

October means pumpkins and pumpkin products are everywhere! You’re never too old to have a few friends over to carve or paint pumpkins together. Plus, you’re friends will love you even more if you bake a pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread for them. If you can’t bake, get everyone to go to Starbuck’s and order a Pumpkin Spice Latte

3. Halloween is coming soon

When I think of October, I think of Halloween, and when I think of Halloween, I think of candy. Someone is sure to throw a Halloween party where you and your friends can dress up, so start thinking of ideas now. If you aren’t into dressing up for Halloween and you don’t want to partake in trick-or-treating, you still have the option of going to the store and stocking up on Halloween candy for the next year…or two.

4. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month

October is an important time to bring awareness and educate people about breast cancer. Breast cancer is a disease that has affected the lives of many people. If you would like to take part in finding a cure for breast cancer, the app HangOut-Events Around You, an app for college students to share plans and events, is donating 15 cents to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for every download when you use the referral code “PINK.” Basically, you get to download a cool app while also helping a great cause. Don’t forget to wear the color “pink” this month as well!

5. Fall Break is near

Fall break is the first long break college students get during the fall semester. Not only is it a much needed and well deserved break, but it also means fall semester is halfway over! So hang in there, finish the semester strong, and enjoy each moment!

A few of my favorite things: cookies, traveling, people, and spontaneous adventures.