Festival Festive: The Trends to Wear for 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Music festival season sets the tone for summer fashion trends. The unique and fun vibe of a music festival is a great place to make a bold statement with your clothes! Here are some of the most fashionable trends to rock at Bonnaroo, the next major festival! 

Kimonos

A kimono is a great choice to dress up a basic outfit. Look for thick cotton to add a little warmth to a nighttime outfit, or a light gauzy fabric to keep cool in the heat. Try these options:

(L to R: Asos, Forever 21, Asos)

Palazzo pants

Palazzo pants are a fantastic way to make the most of your packing space! You can wear a basic bikini top with brightly patterned palazzo pants, and wear the swim top with other outfits. Consider these pants for maximum style:

(L to R: Charlotte Russe, Zara, GoJane)

Matching crop sets

One of the biggest trends for the last couple years has been crop tops. Take it up a notch this season by matching a retro print crop top with high-waisted shorts. The high-waisted shorts cover up a little, creating auto-abs. Experiment with these sets:

(L to R: Pixie Market, Asos, GoJane)

Feathers

Feathers are poised to be the new fringe. Instead of wearing a questionable feathered headdress, go for a feathered jacket at night. During the day, wear feathers in your jewelry! Try a sliver necklace for a classy twist on the trend.

(L to R: Nasty Gal, Asos, Overstock

Leah is an upcoming senior studying Biomedical Sciences at Auburn University. She hopes to work in the medical field and travel around the world. At Auburn, she is the President of Delta Epsilon Iota, Vice President of Gamma Beta Phi, and Assistant Director of Films for University Programs Council. She spends her time quoting movies she’s never seen, making up catchphrases, and petting all the animals she can get her hands on. She still believes that “fetch” can happen.