Fall Survival Kit: Rimmel Makeup Review

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

In our 2016 Fall Survival Kit, we received Rimmel The Only 1 lipstick in Pink a Punch, Rimmel Colour Precise eyeliner in Blue, and Rimmel 24 Hour SuperCurler mascara in Extreme Black.  I decided to wear these to school and work to test their staying power and color intensity.

School

Wearing this much makeup to class was odd for me, as I usually don’t wear this much. I felt a bit self-conscious, like everyone was wondering why I had on so much makeup. My insecurity levels went down as the day went on, so I started to really enjoy the look I had on. I even got compliments from friends and random girls saying they loved the blue eyeliner.

The Lipstick

Putting it on was so smooth and easy; it was the easiest lipstick I’ve used by far. The color had me hooked, a rosy pink that was light enough to not be overpowering but dark enough to still be seen. It smelt really nice too, which made wearing it more fun. The color did fade after about 2 hours, so I reapplied after lunchtime. It also dried out my lips a bit, so I out on extra lip balm as well.

The Eyeliner

This was the product I was most excited to use. The color was bright and fun, and it stayed vibrant all day. There was a bit of smudging, but I think because it was so hot outside. The application process was easy as well. It had a soft tip that didn’t poke me in the eyelid and gave me the option to put it on thin or thick. I feel like it is a color that would look nice on all eye colors, not just brown like mine.

The Mascara

I don’t wear much mascara because my glasses tend to hide my eyelashes anyway, but this one was nice to use. The curved wand got all my lashes covered without being too chunky. I curl my eyelashes with an eyelash curler before applying, so it was an intense curl that could be seen even with my glasses. It didn’t smear or clump, which is an accomplishment in my book.  

Work

I wear more makeup to work so I can look more professional, but I don’t typically wear eyeliner. I rub my eyes a lot in the morning—it was a struggle to keep from smearing the blue off of my eyes. I got compliments on my eyeliner here as well, and I liked how it brightened my tired eyes. I put the lipstick on a little heavier this time to see if it would last until break time.

The Lipstick

As I mentioned earlier, I put it on a bit darker to see if it would help the staying process. Unfortunately, it ended up looking oddly dark on my skin tone so I had to start over. It did last until my break, which surprised me—I thought it would rub off with all the talking I do.

The Eyeliner

Like when I wore it to school, it lasted all day! I was really happy I didn’t smear it on my face and that it looked nice even when I was sweating from running around. The color was perfect for dressing up a bit and trying something different in an environment that seemed appropriate for it.

The Mascara

The mascara did clump a bit this time, I think because I kept pushing my glasses up and hitting my lashes. I might have needed to curl them a bit more before putting on the mascara. It still did make my lashes look long and curly, along with making my eyes a bit bigger, so that was a plus.

Overall

Out of all the products, I think the eyeliner was my favorite. It was smooth and bright, and it was fun stepping out of my comfort zone with it. It could work for day or night, in any season, so it’s very versatile as well. I will definitely be using it more often.

The lipstick was my favorite rose color I’ve tried, so I will consider buying it for everyday use. Despite it drying out my lips, I think it was the best lipstick I’ve used from a company like this. It works as an everyday color or as a night-out color, depending on how heavy you apply it.

The mascara was good for curling my lashes up high so they could be seen behind my glasses, but they did clump after some time. If you don’t wear glasses, or you can put in contacts unlike me, this is a mascara that does a lot for its price. It’s really worth the buy if you like dramatic lashes.

Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.