emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Dozen Ways to Dazzle This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

On the first day of Christmas, Santa please bring me…

One: Leather Bomber Jacket

It’s a timeless and versatile piece that every girl’s closet needs. Add some edge to any outfit by layering it over a pastel sequin dress or go full-fledged biker babe with distressed skinnies, a vintage band tee, and moto booties. (Score a bomber with quilted stitching- major style bonus points!)

Two: Glitter Cat-Eyeliner

So maybe this look was snatched straight from Pinterest… but it’s so festive that it should be a must-try for all! Perfect for that Christmas cocktail social or New Year’s party, adorned with a glitzy dress and heels and you’ll be the talk of the town!

Three: Midi Rings

They’re the newest trend and for a very good reason- they’re fabulous. Wear them alone or stacked (the more the merrier!)

Four: Floppy Felt Fedora

It’s your perfect go-to winter hat for those snowy or bad hair days. Fashion forward and functional? It’s a win-win situation.

Five: Bold Lips

Long gone are the days of suntans, sandals, and pastel pouts. Welcome in the winter weather with a deep, velvety lip that compliments your skin tone.

Six: Oversized Snood

Cozy up by the fire or take on the Black Friday shopping scene with the always versatile infinity scarf. If you don’t already have one (or ten!), you don’t know what you’re missing. 

Seven: Beanie

They’re making a comeback- kudos to Kylie Jenner and the rest of her hipster posse, I guess? But I’m not going to lie here, I kind of dig them. Adorned with an oversized flannel, Chuck Taylor’s and a Starbucks non-fat chai latte, you’ll have Harry Styles taking a double-take (and who wouldn’t adore that?!).

Eight: Military Jacket

Show your support for our military with this utilitarian chic look. The military jacket is surprisingly versatile and looks great layered with a variety of textiles- from chambray to silk.

Nine: Ombre Glitter Nails

Sure, the ombre hair craze was so last year. But ombre on your nails is hardly passé! It’s surprisingly an easy effect to achieve- just dip your tips into ultra-fine glitter and take a small brush to drag some flecks down your nail. Maximizing on style for minimal effort? Count me in.

Ten: Denim Vest

Also known as one of the most versatile pieces on the planet, the denim vest can be worn over virtually any shirt and look great. (Flannel, oxfords, sweaters.. you name it, it works!) It’s the ultimate layering piece that transforms any outfit.

Eleven: Statement Heels

Everyone needs a pair of go-to party pumps. Worn with dark denim jeans or your little black dress, it’s a wonder what a pair of killer kicks can do.

Twelve: Sequin Blazer

You may not think you need it, but you do. For those nights you’re heading downtown and have “nothing” to wear, dress up a simple cami and skinnies to look like a million bucks.

I'm twenty years old and a student at Auburn University. I love fashion, family, food, and all things fabulous!