This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

If you are looking for something special to surprise your mom this Mother’s Day, I suggest you make something yourself. There’s nothing that moms appreciate more than a gift made all by yourself with love. Today I want to share with you some cute DIY ideas to make your mom feel special on her day!

1. Cactus Rocks   

This is probably my favorite one and I know my mom would love it! All you are going to need for this adorable DIY are some rocks that you can paint, different colors of green to paint them, a brush or sponge, some pebbles, a pot and some white paint if you want to draw some details on your cactus!

2. Sugar Scrub

This second idea is fast and simple. You are going to need sugar, coconut oil, essential oils of your preference (I know my mom would love any citrus smells, like lemon or grapefruit) and some food coloring in case you want to make it pretty! Once you are done you can prepare a pretty jar to give to her and she’ll love it. 

3. Recipe Box

You can find a recipe box in many craft stores and decorate it yourself. This idea is great for creative people that love to paint and customize things. You can choose your mom’s favorite colors and make it even more special. This is something she can put on the kitchen counter and it will remind her of you every time she cooks (a great idea for those of you who love mom’s cakes like I do.) You can use watercolors to have a colored-wood effect instead of a thick layer of paint. 

4. Mother’s Day Jar

This idea is a classic but it always works! You can choose you mom’s favorite goodies, snacks and essentials for her everyday. I have some awesome suggestions that you could include in your jar:

– Now that it is almost summer time, a great hair product such as the Beach Me Wave Defining Gel is a good option to include here. This gel mist has marine algae extract to create buildable hold, shine and frizz control for those perfect beach waves and curls.

– Makeup is always appreciated. The Buxom Full-On™ Lip Polish in shade Dolly is perfect for every day. With its unique peptide and hyaluronic acid booster, it make it easy to stimulate collagen, build volume and plump to perfection, all without irritation. Her lips stay lusciously soft all day!

-My mom loves masks so the Freeman Feeling Beautiful™ Clearing Sweet Tea + Lemon Peel-Off Mask is perfect for a jar with goodies! This sweet tea and lemon mask delivers the cleansing and oil-absorbing benefits you want, plus the toning and refining perks of a peel-off mask! Antioxidant-rich Tea and Lemon Extract calm for the best toning and soothing benefits.

-Or if you prefer, the Freeman Beauty Feeling Beautiful™ Polishing Charcoal + Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub is also a great option too. This unique mask and scrub works extra hard to detox skin. First, the naturally purifying Activated Charcoal absorbs oil and impurities without over-drying. Then, the Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dull skin cells for softness and clarity. It’s great for mom’s with all skin types.

– If your mom doesn’t have a lot of time and likes to get ready fast, this Skintimate 2-in-1 Shave Cream & Skin Conditioner is perfect for women in a hurry. The NEW Skintimate® 2-in-1 Shave Cream & Skin Conditioner lets you shave and condition your legs in one step for smooth and conditioned skin. The non-foaming cream goes on like a lotion and provides 24 hours of moisturization for those spring outfits.

– Make sure you include some candy too. It’s pretty and never hurts!

Magalí is a senior student at Auburn University. She is Italian-Argentinian but she grew up in Spain where she started her journalism degree. Magalí had the opportunity to join the Erasmus+ Program and spent a semester abroad in Coimbra, Portugal, where she collaborated with their university newspaper 'A Cabra'. She has lived in many countries, including South Korea, Austria and Chile. Magalí is currently finishing her degree at Auburn University. She speaks Spanish, English, Portuguese, Catalan and some French. Besides languages, she also loves organization, photography and cultural diversity. Once she graduates, she would love to work for a magazine writing and working with visual content.