Dig Yourself Out of a Rut!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

It is about that time of year where the novelty of being back at school has worn off and the work load has set in. It may be hard to admit, but you haven’t been in the best mood the past week and you just can’t seem to get your spirits back up. You find yourself sitting in your room all day watching TV and studying but rarely with your friends. You may not think this is a problem, but it could turn into the Fall blues, which will only make finishing out the semester harder. But luckily there are a few ways to boost your mood, getting you back on your toes and getting through the second half of the semester with ease!

Surround Yourself with your Friends!

It is next to impossible to be eternally sad when surrounded by those who constantly make you laugh and feel like the loved girl you are. There is no need to isolate yourself from your friends–they are there to help. Even if no one is free, get out of your room and sit in a public place. Being surrounded by laughter and happiness is shown to lift your own mood. 

Take a trip!

Grab your best friend and get off of campus! Everyone once in a while we all need to take a personal day to grab lunch and hit some shops. Take a day trip to Atlanta to go shopping or see a baseball game, or stay close to home and spend a few hours lost in Tiger Town. Get out of the routine of campus life and maybe snag a few goodies for yourself in a little boutique.

Set some Goals!

Even setting small goals like completing your paper a day early or making it to the gym three days a week can make your day that much easier. It is all about making yourself feel good, and nothing can do that better than checking something off of your to-do list. Achieving your goals gives an amazing mood boost and feeling of accomplishment. 

And if all else fails, take a tip from the world’s happiest college girl Elle Woods: 

Image 1
GIF Credit