Celebrating Funny Man Fallon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

From a cast member on “Saturday Night Live” to the host of the most iconic late-night television program, Jimmy Fallon cannot be stopped. Fallon first stole the hearts of television viewers on “Saturday Night Live” with his comedy and charm. He also became co-anchor alongside Tina Fey on the show’s segment “Weekend Update.” Fallon went on to act in several movies like “Almost Famous” and “Fever Pitch,” but his most recent work allowed him to breathe new life into late-night television programs. “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” went beyond the typical interview on a couch and provided creative sketches, parodies, musical performances and competitions with celebrities. Fallon’s novel way of hosting late-night television allowed him the chance to take over as host of “The Tonight Show,” a most prestigious position that will likely turn him into a pop culture icon like his predecessors Jay Leno and Johnny Carson. To celebrate Fallon’s new hosting gig, here is a look back at his best moments on “Late Night.”

Thank-You Notes

Most of Fallon’s most popular segments involve celebrities, but the host’s comedic talent is so strong that he only needs a few words, a pencil and paper. Fallon frequently writes thank-you notes on the show at his desk where he shows appreciation usually in a sarcastic way to different people, places and even objects. From marshmallow Peeps to weird chest hair at summer pool parties, nothing is safe from Fallon.

“Blurred Lines” with Classroom Instruments

Robin Thicke joined Fallon and his studio band “The Roots” to perform his hit song “Blurred Lines” with a twist. Instruments included classroom favorites like a xylophone and maracas. Thicke even plays the spoons. With more than 16 million views, the video is just one example of Fallon’s creativity at work.

Hashtags with Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake and Fallon teamed up on “Saturday Night Live” and became television’s most unlikely comedic duo. Fallon even featured Timberlake on the show during a week-long stint called “Timberweek.” The two friends deliver the laughs in this skit where they take social media’s newest trend and make it an obsession. Only these two could make hashtags hilarious.

Lip-Sync Battle with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Stephen Merchant

Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt and writer and producer Stephen Merchant join Fallon to make karaoke irrelevant with a lip-sync battle. Gordon-Levitt reveals he knows every word to Nicki Minaj’s “Super Bass” and Merchant displays his knowledge of the “Single Ladies” dance routine. Fallon also puts on an energetic performance that makes lip-sync battling the best new party game.

“Full House” Reunion

Before transitioning to “The Tonight Show,” Fallon confesses his fear of leaving “Late Night” and reunites Bob Saget, Dave Coulier and John Stamos so he can hear their advice. The three men bring back their characters from “Full House” to console Fallon in a replica of Michelle Tanner’s bedroom (pencil bed and all). The sketch echoes the episode where the youngest Tanner has nightmares about her large feet, but Fallon’s sketch ditches the serious mood for a lighter one.

Based on his refreshing ideas for sketches and parodies, Fallon has no need to worry about taking over “The Tonight Show.” Tune in tonight to see his first time hosting the show!

Taylor loves The Beatles, River Phoenix movies and vinyl records. She can usually be found dancing at a concert or discussing how she was born in the wrong decade.