Campus Celebrity: Top 5 Miss Auburn Candidates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

You’ve probably seen the brightly colored signs, fliers, and shirts covering campus. You’ve probably received enough assorted candies to ruin whatever diet you began with the New Year. But there’s more to Campaign Week than over-eager supporters and avoiding the concourse —  Miss Auburn is a great opportunity to elect a strong, determined woman and voice your support for some wonderful causes. Miss Auburn may sound like a beauty-pageant title, but the woman behind the name is much more. According to the University, Miss Auburn is meant to be a strong, powerful female representative of the University. Each Miss Auburn candidate runs on a platform: a cause close to her heart that she helps create and implement throughout her reign. Voting for Miss Auburn is Tuesday, February 11. Before you vote, get to know the candidates, learn their slogans, and educate yourself about each platform:

Caroline StephensMajor: Political Science and PsychologyInvolvement: Social Sorority President, SGA Senator at Large, War Eagle Girl, Student Recruiter, Project Uplift volunteerSlogan: Spark a Change with StephensPlatform: Caroline wants to Spark a Change by emphasizing the importance of helping others and encouraging students to perform random acts of kindness every day. Caroline’s platform is two-fold: it not only allows students to serve each other, but also to receive an act of kindness themselves.

Jazzmin CarrMajor: English Literature and SociologyInvolvement: National Presidential Scholar, Honors College Ambassador, UPC Director of Volunteers, Social Sorority Vice President, Pi Lambda Sigma Vice PresidentSlogan: A.I.M with JazzminPlatform: Jazzmin A.I.Ms to create Angels in Motion, a program that would allow children with terminal illnesses to have a college experience. The program would include making children honorary members of on-campus organizations, organizing special events for the children, and pairing children with mentors — Auburn University students — who build relationships with them, encourage them and love them.

Kinsey CrowMajor: NursingInvolvement: Resident Assistant, Auburn University Libraries Student Assistant, Honors College, Auburn University Singers, Women’s Hope Medical Center volunteerSlogan: Connecting Cultures with Kinsey CrowPlatform: Kinsey wants to Connect Cultures by improving relationships between American and international students. Through her platform, Kinsey hopes to improve current international student program and organizations and create more publicity for international events, so more students have the opportunity to learn about and participate in international events.

Rebekah DavisMajor: SpanishInvolvement: War Eagle Girl, Administrative Assistant for the Office of the President, SGA Judicial Branch, Student Recruiter, Harbert College of Business Executive Society memberSlogan: Reach Out with RebekahPlatform: Rebekah believes in the importance of service and hopes to make it easier for students to Reach Out to their community and be recognized for their service. Rebekah plans to create a three-credit hour service course, a program to better promote service events and their philanthropic endeavors, and keep track of student service hours through Ignited Cards.

Sloane BellMajor: FinanceInvolvement: SGA Senate, Omicron Delta Kappa, Social Sorority Executive Council, Harbert College of Business Executive Society member, Freshman Forum Assistant DirectorSlogan: Foster the Future with SloanePlatform: Sloane wants to Foster the Future by giving foster children the chance to attend college. By partnering with Big House Foundation, Sloane plans to create a student-giving campaign that will raise additional funds for housing, meal plans and books for foster children who are awarded tutition scholarships to Auburn University.

For more information about the candidates and view full plans and budgets for their platforms, check out the Miss Auburn website here. To vote on Tuesday, log-in to AU Access between 7am and 9pm, click the Campus Life tab, and click “vote here” in the Spring Elections box.

Rep ImagePhoto 1Photo 2Photo 3Photo 4Photo 5