Campus Celebrity: Logan Powell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Auburn has selected their new Student Government Association President, and he is going to bring Powell to the people. On Tuesday, Feb. 11 students gathered in the freezing rain to anxiously await the results of the 2014 SGA and Miss Auburn elections.  With 72 percent of student vote, Powell took this campaign by storm. 

Powell’s campaign platform is to increase relationships between the SGA and the student body, thus bringing Powell to the people. Some of his goals include to create an app that would let Auburn students view the exact location of all the Security Shuttles, an away-game shuttle system, eliminating the lowest performing dining venue, and a campus-wide syllabus bank. 

Alongside Powell is new SGA Vice President Olabode Anise, as well as Caroline Stephens for Miss Auburn. Congrats y’all! 

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.