Campus Celebrity: Katherine Webb-McCarron

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

In light of what happened in Tuscaloosa on Saturday night, I decided to look towards the bigger picture. I’m sure there were countless neighborhoods, friendships and even households that were divided! As Auburn women, we think long and hard about bringing home a young man who yells ‘Roll Tide’. But Auburn graduate Katherine Webb saw past the crimson and cream and found her own Prince Charming in former Alabama football star AJ McCarron.

Besides attending the greatest university in the South, Katherine has created quite a career for herself. Her list of accomplishments include:

·         Earning a degree in Business Management and Administration

·         Ranking #15 for the title of Miss Georgia USA in 2007

·         Winning first place as Miss Alabama USA in 2012

·         Finishing in the top 10 in Miss USA in 2012

And on top of all that, Katherine tied the knot with her high school sweetheart, AJ, in June! If you didn’t already fall in love with the woman’s talent, work ethics, and style watch her interview with  Extra! to seal the deal!

Terea Abernathy is a Senior at Auburn University, majoring in Theatre: Production Design & Technology with a Studio Art minor. She loves all things art related which as transferred into her writing and her art. War Eagle!