Campus Celebrity: HC Auburn’s Alexis Brost!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Age: 22Major: English Literature

Describe your role as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Auburn: As a Campus Correspondent (CC), I manage the Auburn chapter with my co-president Kerry Coppinger. My role as a CC is Editor-in-Chief requires me to make schedules for the staff, edit articles, and make sure we meet our national requirements. It’s part of my job to make sure our chapter is the best it can be!

What’s the most exciting thing about being a Campus Correspondent? I love being able to meet amazing people. Working with College Fashion Week and People StyleWatch were incredible experiences, and being able to work up close and personal with One Direction and Catfish’s Nev Schulman definitely top my list. 

Why did you get involved with Her Campus? I stumbled across the Her Campus site when I was a freshman, and that April I discovered there was a chapter here at Auburn. I immediately got involved as a Feature writer and continued writing for that section until I became a CC last year.

What else are you involved in? I’m in a social sorority, I am a Marketing Coordinator for The Auburn Plainsman, I’m also a Chapter Advisor (meaning I co-manage 5 other Her Campus chapters), and I’m a Brand Ambassador for Cosmopolitan Magazine.

That’s so cool! What do you do as a Brand Ambassador for Cosmopolitan Magazine? As a Brand Ambassador, I promote Cosmo to the fun fearless females on Auburn’s campus! I sell yearly subscriptions at an exclusive student discount for $15, host events, and hand out amazing premiums exclusive for subscribers.

How do you manage school and all of your extracurricular activities? My planner is definitely my best friend. I make to-do lists like crazy, prioritizing all of my activities and assignments. It can get pretty stressful and overwhelming but the best thing to remember is to get sleep. If you’re getting bogged down just step away and take a break—I use Netflix as an incentive! And of course I depend on Diet Coke and coffee way too often.

What are your plans after graduation? I am so nervous so I try not to think about it [laughs]. I would love to move to a big city like New York, Boston, or LA and stay involved in media and journalism. I definitely hope to stay a part of Her Campus in any capacity I can.

If you’d like to subscribe to Cosmopolitan courtesy of Alexis Brost, go to http://68Fall2014.cosmopolitan.com to get your exclusive discounted subscription for just $15!

Sarah is currently a junior at Auburn University majoring in Graphic Design. She is in love with container gardening, music festivals, sunshine, and record stores. Some of her talents include getting hooked on tv shows with too many episodes and practicing amazing self control when it comes to online shopping. Her future aspirations include moving back to her hometown of Atlanta after graduating to pursue a career as a designer. Find her on instagram @saranspluey