Campus Celebrity: Auburn Athletics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

The other Auburn athletes are sometimes overshadowed by the SEC’s devotion to football, but our other teams are just as talented! This season has seen some great performances from all of our athletes and it’s time to celebrate Auburn Athletics. 

Women’s Gymnastics

The Auburn Gymnastics team defeated Georgia last night with an all-time high team total of 197.750! Cailtin Atkinson clenched the best all-around score in the program’s history with a 39.675 (out of 40).

Men’s Golf

Our Men’s Golf team won the Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate on Tuesday, placing first out of fifteen schools. This win marks the third in a row at the event!

Men’s Baseball 

The Baseball team grabbed their 6th straight win against Jacksonville State on Friday, coming fresh off a win against Georgia Tech on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that the streak continues for the rest of the season!

Women’s Basketball

The Women’s Basketball team beat Vanderbilt 70-58 on Thursday night for a second-straight win. Jazmine Jones scored 21 points, a career high for the freshman!

All images courtesy of Auburn Athletics