Campus Celebrity: Aubie the Tiger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Women love him, children adore him, and men want to be him. He encompasses all that is the spirit of Auburn. He is the best of the best. He is Aubie the Tiger.

What began as began as a cartoon character on the Auburn/Hardin-Simmons football program cover in 1959 is now an Auburn tradition and a legend. Aubie serves as a mascot, a spirit leader and Goodwill ambassador for Auburn University. Aubie participates in every Auburn tradition from Hey Day to the rolling of Toomer’s Corner. Aubie is an eight-time Universal Cheerleaders Association National Mascot Champion, and was the first to be inducted into the Mascot Hall of Fame.

At sporting events he can be seen crowd-surfing, cheering, and socializing. On campus he can be seen dancing, riding golf-carts, and taking pictures with students. But no matter where he is or what he’s doing, Aubie is always number one in our hearts.

My Name: Jill Vinzant Junior year History major/Dance minor at Auburn University living fully and loving fiercely.