Campus Celeb: Cody Parkey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

As the 2013 football season comes to a start, everyone is preparing for War Eagle’s, pom pom shaking, and tailgates. Football is one of Auburn’s most sacred traditions, and there is no one more excited than our very own kicker, Cody Parkey. Number 140 in the SEC’s top 150 players of the SEC, Cody is ready to bring it all for the 2013 season. I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to talk to him all about this season, and what’s to come after he graduates in December. 

Hometown: Jupiter, FL

High school: Jupiter High School 

Grade: Graduating in December 

Major: Communications  

Position on the team: Kicker 

Number: 36 

What are you looking forward to in your final football season?

I’m looking forward to having the best year of my career.

What are you most nervous for this season?

I’m not nervous about anything this season. I’m just ready to go play some good football with my teammates each and everyday.

How is balancing school and football?

Balancing school with football is tough; it takes a lot of hard work and dedication, but it’s part of being a student athlete.

What else do you enjoy besides playing football?

Besides playing football, I enjoy hanging out with friends and fishing in the ocean when I’m back home. 

What is you favorite memory from being on the team?

Playing on the 2010 National Championship team.

What is the mentality of being the kicker? How do you mentally prepare yourself before you go on the field?

You have to mentally prepare yourself every week for the game, along with taking mental reps and visualizing success

Where is your favorite place in Auburn?

Auburn Football Weightroom

What sport would you play if you didn’t play football? 

Soccer

Plans after college?

Train for the NFL

War Damn to that! 

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.