The Big Man on Campus Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

With The Big Man on Campus event taking place Thursday, we quickly forget about the “big women” responsible for making this event such a success! Roswell, Ga. native and Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, Lauren Staub tells HC about this rather unique all male pageant and the cause it supports! 

HC AUBURN: What is your major? 

Lauren: Business Administration, Marketing Minor

HC AUBURN: What organizations are you involved with on campus?

Lauren: 2011 Camp War Eagle Counselor, Delta Sigma Pi Business Fraternity

HC AUBURN: Tell us about The Big Man on Campus event as well as how it relates to ZTA’s philanthropy.

Lauren: Our philanthropy is Breast Education and Awareness and 100% of the proceeds will go to our foundation in order to help find a cure.  We hope to raise $50,000+

HC AUBURN: What is your involvement with this event?

Lauren: Co-Director. My right hand [wo]man, Aly Evans, and I have worked extremely hard to make sure this pageant goes off without a hitch! We are in charge of everything from fundraising to getting the men prepared. 

HC AUBURN: Is there a specific part of the pageant you enjoy most? 

Lauren: Personally, my favorite part of the competition is the awards. I love seeing who wins the title of Big Man on Campus because all the guys put so much effort and hard work into preparing for this big event.

HC AUBURN: Who will be judging this year’s pageant?

Lauren: Mayor Bill Ham, City Council Man Dick Phalen, Miss Auburn University Holland Brown, Panhellenic Advisor Jill Moore, and Football Coach Kodi Burns.

HC AUBURN: Where can students find more information about this event? 

Lauren: The competition Thursday April 4th at 7:30pm in the Student Activity Center. Tickets are $5 at the door. Join our Facebook event Zeta Tau Alpha Presents: Big Man on Campus

I'm a Sophomore at Auburn University majoring in Apparel Merchandising