The Best Bookstore Finds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

I don’t know about you, but whenever I go into a bookstore I get super overwhelmed by the amount of material that I have to choose from. I can get lost in Barnes and Noble for hours and still not be able to make a decision on a book to take home. Over the summer I read loads of different books, and thought I would share a few of my favorites to hopefully make your next trip to a bookstore a little easier.

1.     Mrs. Kennedy and Me, by Clint Hill and Lisa McCubbin.

The book is actually written by one of the secret service members on First Lady Jackie Kennedy’s service detail. It gives awesome insight into the life of the glamorous and memorable Jackie O with a few stories you may not have heard before. This was definitely my favorite summer read and I HIGHLY recommend it.

2.     Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult.

I read this book in about 3 days; I literally could not put it down. While it’s not a happy-go-lucky book, it still is a fantastic novel. Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors and she definitely did an excellent job with this book. 

3.     Recipe for a Happy Life: A Novel, by Brenda Janowitz.

I was having one of my “I can’t make a decision” days in a bookstore on the way to the beach when I found this one. My friends were rushing me and I literally just grabbed this one and hoped for the best. I had never even heard of the author, but now I am a huge fan. The main character is a stubborn 30-something who was in need of a major life change when she decided to go visit her grandmother in The Hamptons for the summer. It’s a great beach read, so pick up a copy for your Labor day weekend trip!

4.     The Edge of Never, by J.A. Redmerski

So I usually don’t gravitate towards books with a title like this one, but my friend recommended this to me and let me tell you, it’s worth reading. It’s gotten rave reviews from the Wall Street Journal and The New York Times, and the sequel comes out next year!

Give them all a shot and tell me what you think, I would love to hear your opinions! 

I'm addicted to Netflix, Chickfila, and Diet Coke. I love changing my hair color and spending all of my money on magazines and coffee. I'm at Auburn working on a degree in Agricultural Communications and trying my best to navigate my way through the Haley Center successfully.