This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Christmas season is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about advent calendars! Something I have discovered growing up is that advent calendars get better with age. Instead of a small piece of chocolate every day, you can get makeup for 25 days. It doesn’t get better than that, does it?

I have decided to share with you what I think are the best, not-so-expensive beauty advent calendars 2018, and maybe you can find the perfect one for yourself or some special person. 

OPINutcracker Advent Calendar Mini 25 Pack

In collaboration with the new Disney movie, “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms,” OPI has created a gorgeous nail lacquer collection. For those of us obsessed with nail polish, this is probably the best advent calendar ever. With glitter and festive colors, it is one of my favorite beauty calendars this year. The price for this one is $49.99, not bad for 25 OPI nail polish colors. 

LUSH12 Days of Christmas (Limited Edition)

This pretty advent calendar has 12 days of goodies. You probably already know LUSH, the British cosmetic company known for hair and body products. Their bath bombs have been famous for years, and the best is that all their products are handmade and cruelty free. Their 12 Days of Christmas advent calendar could be a great gift for someone special, or simply a great self-gift for a relaxed Christmas season. If you think you want it, don’t wait until December. LUSH Christmas specials sell out pretty easily! The price is $99.95, the most expensive of the list, but LUSH is worth it. 

L’OccitaneSignature Advent Calendar

L’Occitane brings us a 24 Doors Original designs advent calendar for only $59.00 (a value of $105.00). Among beauty products, it includes shower gel, hand cream, lotion and shower oils. Everything you can possible need to treat you skin to a relaxing experience. Plus, they created the cutest envelope!

NYX – 2 Options

On the NYX webpage you can find two advent calendar options:

“Lippie Countdown Advent Calendar” 

It’s very common to find NYX’s last year advent calendar on their website, and for a discounted price. This 2017 advent calendar is full of lip products. With a price that dropped from $65 to $52, you will get 24 assorted lipsticks, lip glosses and lip creams. Last year I bought one of NYX discounted advent calendar, from 2016, and I loved it! NYX lip products are colorful, original, and very comfortable to wear. 

“Sugar Trip 24 Days of Beauty Advent Calendar”

This year, NYX has created a beautiful advent calendar that includes 3 highlighters and a blush, 6 eyeshadows and 14 lip products to create a variety of makeups. This limited-edition collection is full of pretty colors to enjoy and have fun for only $55.

Kiehl’sLimited Edition Skincare Advent Calendar

Kiehl’s is not a cheap brand, and this advent calendar is a great opportunity to try new products and find your new skin-care routine favorites. This limited-edition calendar features 24 products, including cleansers, face masks, facial serums, moisturizes and more. The total price is $70. And the packaging is the cutest!

The Body Shop24 Days of the Enchanted Advent Calendar

You probably already know that The Body Shop advent calendars are a thing every year, and 2018 is not going to be an exception. This year’s edition includes 24 bath and body care products that are great if you like to try new products or have a travel size of your favorite ones. You can find a detailed list of products on their webpage. The cost, which is also $70, is a little pricey.

ULTA12 Days of Beauty

This star-shaped advent calendar includes 12 days of makeup products from the ULTA brand. If you like makeup, this is a great gift for yourself for only $18, and it gives you the perfect excuse to discover new products during Christmas season.

If you are really into advent calendars, make sure you check this article from Cosmopolitan UK. British brands are another level for advent calendars, and they go over the top with the best ideas. Most of them are expensive, like Jo Malone or Charlotte Tilbury (which you can get at their website), both included on the list. But if you are willing to invest a little bit, go for it! 

Magalí is a senior student at Auburn University. She is Italian-Argentinian but she grew up in Spain where she started her journalism degree. Magalí had the opportunity to join the Erasmus+ Program and spent a semester abroad in Coimbra, Portugal, where she collaborated with their university newspaper 'A Cabra'. She has lived in many countries, including South Korea, Austria and Chile. Magalí is currently finishing her degree at Auburn University. She speaks Spanish, English, Portuguese, Catalan and some French. Besides languages, she also loves organization, photography and cultural diversity. Once she graduates, she would love to work for a magazine writing and working with visual content.