Benefits of Being Introverts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

It is a shame that we live in a society that downplays the benefits of being an introvert and favors extroversion. Not everyone wants to be the life of the party or even wants to be. If you’re an introvert but you wish to be more sociable, think twice. There are lots of advantages to being an introvert.

• Introverts are powerful. Think about these few famous introverts; Christina Aguilera, Albert Einstein, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, Abraham Lincoln, etc. You could be one of these people.
  • Introverts self-recharge. Introverts tend to be overstimulated by large crowds and need solitude to recover fully. Extroverts require the presence of people to regain energy.
  • Introverts are very observant. Introverts don’t always say much, and this doesn’t mean they are clueless. While people are talking, introverts observe the little things that most people don’t notice. This ability comes in handy when handling tough tasks and creative thinking.
  • Introverts bring balance to the world. Without introverts, extroverts wouldn’t have anyone to listen to what they have to say. The ability to listen carefully to what someone else is saying in a conversation is a great virtue that helps to build stronger relationships.
  • Introverts work well on their own. Introverts tend to excel at solo projects and are very good at concentrating or keeping a good focus on whatever they do. They tend to find group projects tiring, a herculean task and inefficient.
  • Introverts make great friends. Introverts love communicating and sharing ideas in a meaningful and purposeful way. They tend to keep fewer friends, and most of those relationships are close.